H i s d a i l y v a r i e t y

My Daily Views on the World!


Question of the Week? 4-24-2008- 4-30-2008


What would you do if your son or daughter told you they were transgender?

5 Responses to “Question of the Week? 4-24-2008- 4-30-2008”

  1. # Blogger Andre J. Allen II

    i would love them all the same  

  2. # Blogger malik m.l. williams

    i'd like to think i would love my child no matter what. so that, of course, wouldn't change.

    as for what i'd do, i think it depends on how old the child was when he or she came to me. i think it would be easier to deal with a young child expressing gender dysmorphia because i know i could be there to support them while they were still developing their identity. allowing them to explore and being there for them while they're growing up could make a huge difference in how well adjusted they become as adults.

    if my 20-something came home and told me they were having gender reassignment surgery, i think i might be hurt. not because of the identity, but because they didn't trust me enough to talk to me sooner. still, i would want to do whatever i could to support my child through the transition.  

  3. # Blogger TheBlacks

    To be honest, it would be a difficult pill to swallow but I would love my child nonetheless. I would have to have a heart to heart conversation with them.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    disown them of course... duh!  

  5. # Blogger RocaFella07

    I'd stand by him or her, and help them figure out who they really are.

    ;-)  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog
Jared Paul Shuler

Create Your Badge

Links

  • Not UR Average
  • Dreams In A Fitted
  • Blogger.com
  • Yahoo.com






XML

Powered by Blogger



© 2006 H i s d a i l y v a r i e t y | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health