H i s d a i l y v a r i e t y

My Daily Views on the World!


« Home

Amour Propre- The Harlem Way




So I was asked to start a Blog and I thought why the hell not? Real reason I haven't ages ago, simple I'm just plain lazy.

Oh the deal grind of having to write something smart every other day can be trying on a black man.But we all most start somewhere.

"I Still Love you"!!!, 702 told me on the CD player this morning. I choose not to listen, Love comes dime a dozen, and I ain't buying. Not cause I don’t want to, but the only thing coming out these pockets are lent balls and rent checks. Like Mama used to say, "I just don't have the money, stop asking me". But maybe this love they talk of this “Still Love” is a free love, not the love for another but the Love of self.

As lately I had to learn the skill of affirming my dreams and there for proceeding to accomplish them. As I walked down my Harlem streets this morning, I heard a child rant and rave about how it's not fair! "Why does he get to stay and I have to go"? From an early age one has to realize nothing is fair. As much as that fact may suck it's the reality of the Universe. The key to getting around the undoubted fact that shit ain't always fair is to affirm your own dreams, and goals. If one is on the path of what they want to be doing in life. The "it's not fair" don't play a major part, for the reason that you have an end goal. The truest thing in life is, if you want to do something you can do it, but you just have to truly want to. Affirm it, visualize it, believe it, and it will actualize itself.

8 Responses to “Amour Propre- The Harlem Way”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    good advice man ... welcome to the blogosphere  

  2. # Blogger sincere

    i can totally agree with you on all that you say. one can only be successful if he dares himself to be. whats not fair? nothing is fair in this life, its only solving the dilemma that will be the reward. nice blog harlem! happy holidays.

    sincere  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey what's up-
    Just an old friend from CP East saying what's up. I'm still in VA and was wondering how you were doing and come across your site. Hope life is treating you good, but I second that "life's not fair". Stay up - Luv Tamara  

  4. # Blogger Michael Fisher

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

  5. # Blogger Michael Fisher

    Bro. Jared,

    I'd be curious to understand what exactly went through you guys' minds when you did this photo shoot and took this picture? This is not a condemnation or anything. It's just a question.

    If you are inclined to respond and you want to do so privately, please email me at assaultonblacksanity@gmail.com

    Thank you,

    Michael

    http://bp0.blogger.com/_adi6yj5y-Es/
    RpXyfO-5xuI/AAAAAAAABEo/
    Eywfkfqh9Mc/s1600-h/
    nathan+and+jared02.jpg

    http://bp0.blogger.com/_adi6yj5y-Es/RpXyfO-5xuI/AAAAAA  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    We connect and IM'd a little on October 20th (remember John?[ThugChat]). Would like to talk with you about something. Contact me at john40411@yahoo.com  

  7. # Blogger Playboy Adonis

    a.p what about just "doing it"? Many people want more or want something different so they dream it and I would think that they believe it. Now, then comes the part where realizing or letting it materialize either comes as a consequence to some other act, arrives out of an act on purpose, or some other thing. Do you believe that a higher being controls everything that we do and therefore we should succomb to that higher power, waiting for everything to be given of that higher power....or do you believe something else?

    Personally, I believe that we have the power to make dreams come true and that a higher power is constantly motivating us and giving us that power to do it...and that is what we have to realize. Realize that we have always had it inside of us.

    Dream. Believe. Plan. Execute.  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Jared! I saw you Vlog on Ytube and thought is was interesting. I like your Blog too. Keep up the good work. I also like that you are a positive person and seem to care about the state of the Black Gay/Bi community. Peace my brotha.  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog
Jared Paul Shuler

Create Your Badge

Latest

Links

  • Not UR Average
  • Dreams In A Fitted
  • Blogger.com
  • Yahoo.com






XML

Powered by Blogger



© 2006 H i s d a i l y v a r i e t y | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health